About Scuba Diving
itda sports diving
We offer as our core business the most popular diving certifications to International industry standards, in multiple formats, with the exception that we include more dive theory and more actual training dives at each level. We also offer a unique process of skills assessment and evaluation.
About ITDA Group Certifications
ITDA Certification processes are unique in the diving industry as we adopt our very own methodology of assessment and evaluation based on the real life abilities and diving skills demonstrated by the student in training. Not merely a standardized process of meeting minimal criteria or minimum performance objectives.
In simple terms this means we train our instructors to offer an holistic approach to diver training and education with Safety as our first priority.
Unique Certification Process
Through a unique ITDA Group process of continual assessment and evaluation that is staged to meet our very high standards and if students should fail or fall short, they are offered an opportunity to review, revise and make up and if they cannot demonstrate that they are comfortable, confident and competent with the skills and knowledge required by our standards for that level they MUST be failed...
Remember "Not All Training Agencies are the Same". For Example See our Unique training process as applied to ALL diver training Below:
1. The process begins with dive theory taught in modular sessions with a manual / workbook for self-study and self-assessment (we include Basic Decompression Theory and principles from our Entry Level Programs): Phase 1.Learning Knowledge.
2. Each module on the theory quiz (6-12 Modules i.e. 6 for Entry Levels and up to 12 for Dive Leader) Must be passed at 85% average and up to three modules may be retaken/retested. Phase 2. Knowledge Assessment.
3. Then we move into the in-water training with each session built on a 10 to 15 minute briefing (mini-Lesson review); with water sessions and open water training to the depth that the student will be certified to dive, with self rescue skills and emergency drills along with actual dive planning and risks assessment procedures. This is Phase 3.
4. Each training session is a training module, in-water assessment and is a pass or fail to standard i.e. Our three (3) C's: Comfortable - Confident and Competent! This is phase 4.
5. This is the final assessment phase and preparation for certification... Our Instructors have the ability at this stage to LIMIT CERTIFICATIONS to actual diving abilities as demonstrated by the student in phase 3. If the Instructor is 100% satisfied that the student will be a safe competent diver and NOT REPRESENT A DANGER TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS they can now be certified...
ITDA Medical Standards
ITDA Group - IHMP Requirements meet our high standards for certification
- To be able to demonstrate an general understanding of 85% of the theory required
- To be able to complete diving or medical skills practice to an acceptable level of comfort and confidence leading to a competency assessment. (not merely to meet a training objective or standard but to comfortably exceed it!)
- To demonstrate a clear understanding and practical application of Safety Drills, Skills and Risk Assessments as associated with the level of certification.
Notes for All ITDA Students:
Your role is very simple, just learn the theory to the best of your ability and perform the skills as tasked to the best of your ability and your instructor will guide you through the process to graduate and meet our high standards for safe diver training. To become ITDA Group "Certified", at your chosen level or course program.
ITDA Group training is both academic and skills based and therefore you will be assessed and evaluated in both these areas before grading....
Your Instructor is also your tutor and may even become your mentor. Your ITDA Group Training materials will give you all of the information you will need to pass the quizzes and assessments, and your instructor will train you to perform the required safety standards skills to a level of personal "Comfort", you will only need to follow their directions to complete certification training and become "Certified".
If you have specific problems with skills, then the instructor may assign a dive leader or an assistant to help you to practice until you can achieve the required standard.
Your instructor may also limit your certification or require you to take additional training before being fully certified, but a 97%+ of students are able to make pass grades at all levels from first try... Especially at the Sports diving levels.
Copyright ©2019.International Technical Diving Agency (ITDA®) All Rights Reserved.